Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Dan the man :)

Today's blog thought is really just a tribute to my awesome brother Dan. It was his birthday this month, so I have been thinking a lot about him..

I have a fantastic family - 2 great parents.. 2 great brothers.. I really could not ask for more. I don't want this blog post to in any way diminish the coolness of the rest of my family - because they really are the best! But today I am just going to focus on Dan :)

And, in honor of his 25th birthday I am going to tell you 25 great things about my oldest little brother:


1. He has the biggest heart of anyone I know.
2. He is always willing to laugh with you or cry with you any time.
3. He has great taste in girls - his wife Sara is awesome.
4. He is super funny.
5. He is strong - both physically and spiritually - he is such a good example to me..
6. He is smart.. much smarter than he gives himself credit for.
7. He spent 2 years in Hawaii and throws really fabulous Luau's.
8. He actually gave up a long awaited trip to see all of his friends in Hawaii in order to spend 4 days driving across the country + 4 more days moving stuff and picking out furniture just to help Kenneth and I when we moved to Boston.
9. He text messages me more than anyone I know.
10. He is really good at keeping in touch, even though K and I live so far away.
11. He is super talented and makes awesome movies - so if you're getting married call him. His wedding videos are awesome.
12. He is always willing to do anything for anyone any time.
13. He is always up for a snowcone.
14. He introduced me to the avalanche.
15. He also introduced me to Guitar Hero and WII Olympics - ok, I probably would have found them on my own.. but I am still grateful.
16. He was my personal trainer for a whole year and he didn't even charge me. He even bought be a pink nalgene water bottle with a flower on it. I totally miss going to the gym with him.
17. He sent me 2 books in the mail just because he thought I would like them.
18. He makes delicious sandwiches.
19. He is an amazing public speaker. 
20. He has supported me in all of my crazy ideas for our whole life... even if it meant driving to Boise or walking to the grocery store in the middle of the winter.
21. He plays an awesome Ukulele.  
22. He took me to a Tim McGraw Dixie Chicks concert.
23. He loves a good midnight food run.
24. He has the best laugh, it is totally infectious.
25. He owns a white velour warm-up suit.

Hooray for awesome little brothers!!!

2 comments:

Denice said...

Well, if he owns a white velour warmup suit, that is certainly a bonus!! Dan is such a great guy. I know Steven really enjoys his friendship. I remember when my grandpa was dying, Dan would send my mom scriptures and call her just to check on her. How cute is that??

c said...

How fun. WE miss you guys.