Monday, October 12, 2009

Material Culture

This semester Kenneth is taking a class titled: Material Culture. It's studying the cultural and historical significance of the things that we make. His project this week was to actually interview someone who makes things and then learn to make something himself. 

Kenneth decided to interview me and have me teach him how to piece a quilt block on my sewing machine. He did such an awesome job! So well, in fact, that we made his block into a pillow. It looks so great decorating our couch :)








6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is seriously amazing...I don't think I could do as well on that block. I am proud of you!

ginger said...

Awesome work Kenneth!

The Wilsons said...

Wow--that's really awesome! Way to go! What a fun project.

ty and megs said...

the "green monstah" can sew!? (LOVE that shirt, btw!) looks great kenneth. you must have had a fab teacher.

Robyn said...

Dang, that's more complicated than I pictured when you described it. Bravo!

c said...

okay. That is the coolest looking pillow! I love it.