This year I love it even more, because for the first time in the history of this summer Kenneth and I both have the day off together! For the past 2 months I have been working days and he has been working evenings and it seems like we never get to spend time together. It's really hard for us to spend that much time apart.. So, today we are going to celebrate! Granted, the first part of our spending the day together plan started with us both sleeping in, and here is is 8:30 am and I am wide awake working on our blog and he is sound asleep in the other room.. but whatever :)
Tonight is the night that we officially become Bostonians. We are venturing out into the crowds to go to the huge Boston Pops fireworks celebration on the Charles River. Last year we chickened out because of the rain.. but this year we have our umbrella's ready and we are going to make it. Even if we just have to park our car at home and walk there, we will. This is supposed to be one of the best fireworks shows in the country. Hooray!
Besides the 4th of July excitement we have been having lots of summer fun in Boston. We went strawberry picking with some friends last week.. Amelia and Penny don't really look that happy in the picture, but I assure you they loved it. And they were very proud to present their mom with their glorious basket of strawberries when she got home from work.
This is my cute friend Meghan's daughter Mckinlay, also enjoying the strawberry fields:
Hooray for the 4th of July and summer in Boston!





4 comments:
happy 4th of july! and happy day off together! yahoo!
hooray for our independence!! How was the Boston Pops show? Who was the special guest?
SPARKS!!!! I was just in Boston in March! oh, how fun! It is so wonderful to "see" you!!!!!
Wow! I figured the show would be amazing on the Charles, but look at those pictures! Did it live up to your expectations? It looks amazing! (I'm jealous!)
Post a Comment