Our weekend started with a wonderful day at work with Penny and Ameila, where we had our own beauty parlor day. I brought all of my supplies (nail polish, curling irons, hair clips and some light make-up) and the girls and I took turns giving each other the full beauty shop treatment. They brushed my hair and then I painted their fingernails and toenails. Next I curled their hair and styled them both using fancy clips. They even got to use my sparkly lip gloss! Next we took a few pictures on the lawn. Amelia looks more happy to pose in these than Penny, who was fighting the sun's glare. We ended our adventure at the Paris Bistro for lunch. We had crepes and a fabulous time. The girls were dancing the whole way there to show off their beauty to everyone they passed.
Here is a picture of my beautiful girls:

After work the real adventure began and we headed to New York with our friends the Seely's.We went to Palmyra to attend the Hill Cumorah pageant - which was amazing! We have been wanting to go since we moved to the east coast and it was definitely worth it.
We spend Saturday seeing the rest of the sites in Palmyra - The Sacred Grove, the Joseph Smith house, and Grandin's publishing. Everything was so great. We had been there once before - but it was day 4 of our drive from Utah to Boston and we were a little tired. It was so nice to go back and spend a little more time.
Then we headed up to Niagra Falls - which was also fantastic! It was raining when we got there - but I think that made it even better. It made the falls seem even more powerful, and it cut down on the crowd because everyone was inside waiting out the storm. We are already planning our return trip. Next time we want to fully experience the Canadaian side - it is much more exciting than our American side. Who would have thought?
Here are some pictures from the trip:







We had so much fun! Thanks Seely's for accompanying us on this adventure! Hooray for vacations!
4 comments:
See Seely's blog for comment. :)
Hi Sparks or Emily!! It's me mookie! I think that is amazing that you live in Boston! We might be coming there sometime in the fall. Bryan has all of these freqent flyer miles too. I want to visit there!! I was reading about you on the Oakcrest blog and I had no idea that you hubby waited for you on the mission. Guess what? So did mine. You probably didn't even know that I served a mission. I went to Sao Paulo Brazil. It was the best thing I have ever been able to do since I've been married. You look so happy! I got to go to the Palmyra pagent once it was amazing! Thats awesome you got to go! I loved it. It's so good to find your blog.
I loved going up there to Palmyra! Such a great getaway trip. I love your picture of the falls! We went in February, kind of cold, but still really pretty!
Oooh, Pieter is going to be so jealous when he reads this post! For this trip alone, I think he'd like to fly out to the east coast immediately! When we come we may need to take this side trip. . . It looks like you had a great time!!!
Post a Comment