Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Couches?

So, there I was.... minding my own business.... when Kenneth told me that he found something online that he wanted to buy.

Not totally unusual.

Until he showed me this:



In case you can't tell from this picture why it is I am a little freaked out... let me show you the reverse view:



That's right friends. This is a coffin that has been made into a couch. These can apparently be purchased through a website called coffincouch.com.

I have a few questions..

#1 - Who in the world would make a couch out of a coffin?

#2 - Who in their right mind would spend $3500 to buy one?

#3 - Why is no one else concerned that these have apparently actually been recycled?

#4 - What could Kenneth possibly been searching online that would lead him to this website?

9 comments:

The Wilsons said...

Oh my gosh. I've always had a thing with hearses...but now I think I've also got a thing with coffins! Ick!!! WHY?!?!?

Robyn said...

What are you talking about? I bought 3 at the last "meeting" (you know of what I speak). I find they're great to take naps in. Nice, Long, naps.

ginger said...

#1 - If someone will buy it, someone will make it.
#2 This is the question.
#3It is better than putting a stiff in for a 2 hour viewing and then tossing it in a landfill.

Jeanette said...

I'm sorry but have you met Kenneth's broth Steven? It is in the blood baby, in the blood.

ty and megs said...

recycled? seriously!?

gross.

Denice said...

Oh, my, GOSH!! You totally have me giggling!! Pieter doesn't quite get the charm. I, too, wonder what Kenneth was googling that led him to this. Honestly, that's the funniest thing I've seen in I don't know how long!!

Nadia said...

Creeeeeepy!

Jeffrey said...

Oh...

I WANT ONE!

Jeffrey said...

did you read the website, these couches are biohazards, other than that
I WANT ONE!