Saturday, June 14, 2008

Best DAD Ever!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.. I have the best dad ever! Naturally Father's Day always makes me think of the important fathers in my life and reflect on how they have blessed my life. The truth is, I am really lucky. I have really great grandfathers that I was (and am) really close to. My father-in-law is fantastic. But my dad really is the greatest. 

We have always had a very special relationship, ever since I was a little girl. And one of the hardest things about living in Boston is not being able to see him as much as I used to when we lived in Salt Lake.

So, last night when I got home from work I had a package waiting for me. It was a father's day present from my dad. It was a copy of the book Hop on Pop (which we used to read together a long with a lot of other fun books when I was little) with a note saying that without kids there would be no father's, so he wanted to thank me. And then he included the sweetest letter talking about all of his favorite memories of me growing up. It was the best present ever. I was totally crying reading the letter. Kenneth (not knowing what I was reading) was a little freaked out - he actually made me a sundae to help me feel better. So, I got the best of both worlds - a great present from my dad and an ice cream sundae from Kenneth! 


After receiving this great gift I wish I would have done more for my dad than buying him a card (which I actually mailed today - so it will be a little late). 

If your reading this - I Love You Dad! You're the best ever!!!

8 comments:

ty and megs said...

what a cute dad! i wish my dad would send me hop on pop!

love this post! aren't dad's the best?

Katt said...

You do have the best dad!!

Robyn said...

L-O-V-E the pic! Ah, the 80s.
Oh yeah, and Dads are pretty cool too.

Denice said...

How cute is that?!? What a neat gift!

Corinne said...

Hey Emily! I am so glad I found your blog. I have thought about you for years! I hope you are well :)

Kenneth and Emily said...

Corinne - what's your e-mail address?

Corinne said...

My email address is corinne_hilton@yahoo.com. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey emily. Is this emily who worked at oakcrest girls camp 2001? You look so familiar. Please email me at courtneyschriever@yahoo.com to answer this.
Thanks,
Courtney