Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Make that 7...

A few days ago I posted that Kenneth and I have lived in 2 different states and 6 different places. Well, this fall we are going to make that 7!!!


We'll be looking for a new place to live here:



Kenneth was given a fellowship at the SMITHSONIAN!!! 

He is going to have a residency there for a year, an office, access to their archives, and he gets to work full time on his dissertation for the entire time!


 He is super cute and awesome, so I can't say I'm surprised... 



The question is, how am I going to leave this cute girl (and her brother)? I LOVE them so much.


I have been their nanny since they were this tiny!


Luckily, we will have good friends to distract us. 
Some of our very best friends live in Virginia and Maryland. 

Like these people:


And these:


We will be so sad to leave Boston. But we are excited to explore our new city. 

I am so proud of my smarty pants husband :) 


8 comments:

Liz said...

Wow! That is amazing. What an exciting time you will have there!!!

Deja said...

Sigh. That's all I have to say about this. Is sigh. (And also congrats and Kenneth is amazing. But also, sigh.)

ty and megs said...

congrats kenneth! that is amazing -- but no surprise you landed something amazing! excited for your new adventure!!

Katt said...

Congrats!!! That's awesome, Kenneth. So proud of you. I'm jealous you guys are going to be so close to the Strayers. We'll definitely need to come visit!!

Mer said...

We are super excited that you guys will live two hours (except during traffic, which is always) from us! I know that we will definately see you in DC or VA :-) Yay!!!

Robyn said...

Who are those folks on the bottom? Do I know them?

The Wilsons said...

Well now I'm even more sad that we no longer live in VA. (But if you want to live 3-3.5 hours away from DC you can buy our cute house! ;)) Anyway, disappointment aside, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That is really and truly awesome.

And Beatrix is A.DOR.A.BLE. Happy birthday to her!

Elyse and Steve said...

Wait! Is this Sparkles from Oakcrest 2003? Are you in Boston. I'm in Boston. We should get together. This is Doinkee! I found your blog through Lindsey's.