Sunday, April 1, 2012

Salmagundi!



One of our favorite things to do in Boston is go hatting at Salmagundi. Have you ever wondered how you would look in a top hat, a bowler, or fedora? This is the place to find out. While their inventory is impressive, the greatest thing about this store is their staff. They are not people who sell hats - they are hatters. Seriously. They can often size your melon by sight! And you can trust their opinion; they are not interested in selling you a hat that doesn't work.

A few weeks ago, my brother Richard and his friend Shawn came to visit over spring break (SPRING BREAK AT MY SISTER'S ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT IN SUBURBAN MASSACHUSETTS, WHOO-HOO!!!), and we decided to take them to get hatted. The results? You be the judge -

Kenneth REALLY wants to buy this cowboy hat, but has yet to pull the trigger. He says that since he is neither a cowboy nor a fake cowboy, he is not sure how legitimate the choice would be. But, it looks great, no? Shawn and Richard, on the other hand, wore these beauties out.

4 comments:

Deja said...

We so totally need to go here with you guys. I don't think it would take much to get Sam to purchase a cowboy hat (he's a fake cowboy, he thinks. or does he think he's a real one?), and I'm a sucker for hats, though afraid to wear them. Yes yes! Take us!

Robyn said...

I've always thought of Kenneth as a closet hat guy. But I have to be honest, I'd like to see him in some other styles. Go hatting again soon and take more pictures!

Jeffrey said...

I wish we could come to the east coast just for this (you guys are the principle reason though).

Jeffrey said...

Sorry, I am the Unknown here, the digital port on this Gamecube.