Wednesday, April 13, 2011

And the winner is.....


BOSTON!

One more year of walking around Walden Pond..

Swimming at Crane Beach..

Vacationing in Kennebunkport, ME..

Eating at Border Cafe...

and Zaftigs...

Walking the Freedom Trail..

Spending time in the North End and eating yummy pizza and canoli..

Visiting our ancestors graves in Newburyport..

Plus so many other new adventures to come. We love Boston! And we are so happy to stay :)

Now the question is - Do we stay in Brighton or do we move to Needham?

Pros of moving - Kenneth's fellowship won't require him to go to school everyday, or even every week.

I would work 1 minute away from work instead of 40 - which would be lovely, since I work 50 hours a week.

We could adopt this kitten:


We could live in this cute apartment:

With this view:

(I know I am 30 and most of my friends live in houses that they own right now.. but we're still in school - a nice new apartment is exciting news for us)

This apartment costs quite a bit less than the one we live in now.. Plus it has a deck and a storage unit.

Pros of staying in Brighton:

We are so close to the city..

We love our ward and our neighborhood..

We have good friends near by..

We hate moving..

Hmmm.... Decisions decisions.. We are supposed to let our management company know this week whether we are staying or going.. What should we do?

7 comments:

Denice said...

At first I was sad to think of you moving, but now that I see the great appartment with the great view . . . Plissé a KITTEN?! Were you serious about that?? I think everyone needs a kitten in their lives . . . I'd say GO FOR IT!

Deja said...

Okay, if only for that kitten, I vote moving. Even though I neeeeed you close by. I'm just happy you're staying in Boston!!!

Kristi said...

Sparks! Hey! We are maybe moving to Boston! My husband is actually flying out there this coming weekend to interview with a law firm on Monday. He will be staying in Braintree next to the T station. I totally forgot that you live in Boston, we should talk!

Katt said...

Move! It's always fun to start anew. It's always fun to adopt kittens. It's always fun to not have to commute in snowy Boston winters!

ginger said...

Happy to have you in Boston. I want you close, but I want you closer to each other more, so moving is my vote (but only if you still come visit us city-folk)

c said...

I'm so so so sad. I was really hoping you'd be closer to us. I guess that just means we need to plan at least one visit up to Boston and you guys down here. Deal?

We miss you.

Our vote. Move! My happiness has exponentially since moving to a better apt. We HATE commuting and we spend so much more time together. PLUS, we just got a cat and it is so much fun. But we love you no matter what-- as long as where ever you live we can come crash and hang out sometime. :)

Mer said...

I haven't been reading the blogs lately, so I am just now catching up. I have a bunch of comments to put into this.
1. Jane Eyre - I loved it too. I saw it when I was in Utah. I think my hubby will enjoy it too.
2. Cute quilts!
3. I'm kind of bummed that you guys aren't moving to DC. Hopefully when Erin is done with school (August) we will be able to visit you guys.
4. Are you coming to VA again for TOFW in October?