Happiness. Life right now is complete happiness. Kenneth and I have had a lot of stress in the past few months. Ever since August it seems like we just move from one stressful situation to the next. Sometimes it was a necessary frustration like moving to a new apartment, or Kenneth starting the PhD portion of graduate school and suddenly becoming super busy, or my last nanny job - which let's be honest - was ridiculous. But now, things have settled down and evened out and we are back to being completely and blissfully happy.
So, here is an update of our month. Hopefully more frequent postings are coming :)
We are officially moved in to our new apartment! There are no more boxes and all of our pictures and curtains have been hung. It feels like a real home. My sister-in-law Katie has a special gift for decorating - we are so lucky that she and her cute family came to visit us last month. She really helped us get settled in. Thanks Katie!
I've been at my new nanny job for 2 1/2 weeks now and honestly, I have never been happier at work. I spent all 6 weeks at my last job wondering how I could have felt so good about agreeing to something which was such a wrong fit. Those six weeks of frustration were worth it, however because I am so much more grateful for my new job! They really are the nicest people in the world. I love them already and I am so grateful for them. Their old nanny (who has been training me for 2 weeks) spends every day telling me how great they are and how good they have been to her. They are such good people, they love their kids so much, and they are so nice to me. I love being their nanny!
Another reason for our current happiness is that things are going really well for Kenneth at school. He was recently chosen to teach Arts of America at Boston University for the summer. I am so proud of him. He is working so hard and teaching this summer will be a really great opportunity for him.
On top of it all, the longest presidential election in history is finally over, and while I am not trying to ruffle anyone's personal partisan feathers, Kenneth and I are happy and hopeful for our country's political future! While I have happily voted in every election of my adult life, Kenneth has often been disenchanted with our political system. For the first time of our marriage we were both energized and excited to fill in our ballots. In fact, we even agreed on a candidate and are sure it was that final piece of positive energy that swung MA for Obama! (okay, maybe it wasn't all us...)
Hooray for happiness!!!
2 comments:
You are too sweet! We had so much fun with you guys I wish we could come back!! Maybe one day. I am so glad that your job is going well and that school is awesome for Kenneth. We love you.
I'm so glad you are enjoying your new job! Everyone deserves a happy time -- glad your life is going well!
Post a Comment