Wednesday, January 2, 2013

My baby daughter

Here's what we know about her so far....



1. She is coming sometime at the end of April.              


2. Her name is going to be Alina Joan. Alina came from a piece of classical music by Arvo Part that Kenneth really loves. It is also a Norwegian name, which seemed appropriate given Kenneth's scandinavian ancestry. Joan was my grandmother's name. She and I were very close, and I am proud to pass the name on to my daughter. 


3. This week she is 11" long and weighs as much as a large mango. Though she is still in utero, somehow the ultra sound doctor already thinks she she is going to be short. Genetics I guess :)


4. She likes spicy food. Never in my whole life have I been able to eat spicy food. Now that she is calling the shots it's all I want. It can be a spicy chicken sandwich or a Thai curry. She usually prefers whatever kenneth has ordered....which can be embarrassing.


5. She *might* be a revolutionary.  It's hard to know that for sure, but she got really excited and kicked me a lot while they were singing "Do you hear the people sing" in Les Miserables (which we have seen twice now). Her due date is also very close to May 1st - International Workers Day. Coincidentally, this is also Kenneth's birthday. Take that as you will. 


6. She has a lot of cute clothes and gear. Our friends and family were very generous to her this Christmas. This is lucky because I gave away all of the baby things I had been saving before we moved to DC - because it's silly to carry around items for a baby that you aren't going to have, right? Ha.


7. To me, at this point she looks a little bit like a wax alien baby. My mom claims she looks like me. I guess we'll find out in a few months.



4 comments:

Liz said...

So, so, so excited for you guys! Little girls are so fun!

ginger said...

Love.

Robyn said...

Viva la revolucion! Bienvenita compañerita (?) !

Deja said...

I'm late seeing this, but I LOVE it! I already thing this kid is awesome.