Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween Turnips!

This year for Halloween, instead of carving pumpkins, Kenneth and I decided to carve turnips. As it turns out, this is how jack-o-lanterns originally began.


 As you can see - they turned out awesome. They are smaller and don't have quite as much gunk inside - just turnip. They were so much fun!


I think this is going to be a new Halloween tradition at our house :)



We of course carved them while watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" and the Garfield Halloween special

2 comments:

Katt said...

They sure are cute, but they look really hard? I don't think I'm talented enough to carve a face into a turnip.

Robyn said...

How on Earth did you get your hand on Both the Great Pumpkin AND Garfield? Get ready to be impressed, Ahhemm:
"What should I be?
There're so many sides to me.
I could be a (something),
a (something),
a clown with a frown,
an alien invader
going out on the town,
oh what should I be?
What shoud I be?"
Yes, I STILL have (some) of the words from Garfields' costume-desision song memorized. I'm just that lame.