
Kenneth is working today, so I checked out the movie The Nanny Diaries from the Library. I'm a nanny so I thought it would be good times. I've even read the book a few years ago. I thought it was really funny and I felt lucky at the time that the family I worked for wasn't that extreme.
That was before I worked for the Forresters. I only worked for them for 6 weeks. But I think it is safe to say that those were the hardest and worst 6 weeks of my life.
I have a new family now that is so fantastic - I feel grateful every day that I work for them. In fact I could write several posts about how great I think they are. But, I actually still have nightmares about my 6 weeks with the Forresters.
That was only 1 job out of many I have had working as a nanny. And it was so much shorter than the rest..
I put in the Nanny Diaries today thinking that I would laugh and have a good time watching. But I actually turned it off. That woman could actually be Courtney Forrester. Within the first 15 minutes there had already been almost a dozen reminders of my old job. The list of rules and notes, the crazy preschool with it's screaming spoiled children, the private school application, getting in trouble for using the wrong bathroom, the crazy organic soy food. Even their first lunch/interview.
I called Kenneth freaking out and he suggested I watch something else. So, I turned it off. I really don't need anything else giving me nightmares.
I'm just going to focus on my current job with this fantastic family and their incredibly fantastic kids. And I will be grateful every day that they hired me and that I don't have to step into the Back Bay again unless I want to go sightseeing.
(If you haven't seen the Nanny Diaries, here is the trailer: http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1358364953/. - you can watch it and think about the fact that you should never take a job as a nanny for someone like this).
4 comments:
No way -- I can't believe that your former family was really that bad -- except that I knew they were! Just be grateful that you didn't stay longer than six weeks. . . and that you have an awesome family now!
that is so funny! i actually watched this movie while you were working for that family! had i not known the experience you were going through, i wouldn't have thought that people like that really existed! i totally felt for you!
love the wall quilt. can i come up and see it after church? oh wait...
I thought of you when I watched the movie. I'm glad that you have a great family now. :)
I just read the book a few months ago and thought of you the whole time! I'm so glad that overall your nanny experience has been a good one. You inspire me as a mother with the cute things you do with those kids!
Post a Comment